InnoGen Pharmaceuticals Inc., is a Company that makes a difference in the pharmaceutical industry through its thrust that is geared towards improving existing products into new forms making them acceptable drugs; that are cost-effective but of excellent quality, that will redound to the benefit and welfare of the end-users. Filipino-owned pharmaceutical companies which was initiated in June 2010. From the different therapeutic class of products; into it now only has the following areas of concentration: the Cardio-Metabolic Division, CNS and Gastro Division, and the Anti-infective and Respiratory Division. Ethical Marketing and Promotions are on a national coverage. InnoGen Pharmaceuticals Inc., is simply characterized by the catchphrase "Innovating Generics," and our battle cry is: "We Value Life."
Obesity is described as a medical condition in which your body fat has accumulated to the point that it may have an adverse effect on your health. Obesity is ruled when you have a Body Mass Index (BMI) higher than 25. A normal BMI should be from 18.5 to 24.9. Know your BMI by following the formula of weight divided by height. In a 2011 survey, it shows that 22.3% of Filipinos adults are overweight and 6.1% are obese. Philippines is on top of the list together with India as countries with the highest obese population according to a report from United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). Another survey by Food and Nutrition Research Institute (FNRI) also shows that 3 out of 10 Filipinos are obese which shows an alarming statistics. More than the physical attribute, wanting to lose weight should be an indication of an approach to a healthy lifestyle. Becoming healthy should be on top of everybody’s choice, since obesity is the main culprit of several health risk such as Arthritis, Cancer, Diabetes, Stroke, Heart diseases and Back pain.
A healthy lifestyle leaves you fit, energetic and at reduced risk for disease, based on the choices you make about your daily habits. Good nutrition, daily exercise and stress management. “Living a healthy lifestyle takes commitment and discipline. You must determined to reap the benefits. Simple chages can give results!”
10 TIPS TO HAVE A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE OR TO AVOID OBESITY:
TIP 1: HYDRATE!
- People sometimes confuse thirst with hunger so you can end up eating extra calories when an ice-cold glass of water is really what is really what you need.
TIP 2: THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT YOUR DIET, NOT WHAT YOU SHOULD TAKE AWAY
- Work vegetables into meals instead of just serving them as sides on a plate.
- Instead of cutting out your favorite foods altogether, be a slim shopper.
TIP 3: EAT SEVERAL MINI-MEALS DURING THE DAY
- Studies show people who eat 4-5 meals or snacks per day are better able to control their appetite and weight. (ADA, 2011)
- Dividing your daily calories into smaller meals or snacks and enjoying as many of them as you can early in the day.
TIP 4: DON’T GORGE ON GIGANTIC PORTIONS
- Super-sized portions seems to be a national epidemic.
- Portion Control is the key
TIP 5: SWAP A CUP OF PASTA FOR A CUP OF VEGETABLES
- You can save from 100-200 calories if you reduce the portion of starch on your plate and increase the amount of vegetables.
- We tend to overeat carbohydrates.
- Make a DAILY habit of eating vegetables during lunch and dinner.
TIP 6: DO NOT MUMMIFY YOURSELF WITH PROCESSED FOOD
- The increased shelf life is created by the addition of additives and a handful of salt.
- Chemicals that preserve, control and enhance the flavor could be damaging to the body.
TIP 7: MAKE SLEEP PART OF THE JOB
- Have a non-interrupted 6-8 hours of sleep everyday.
- Sleep is the only way for our body to recuperate and re-energize.
- Lack of sleep and fatigue can lead to OVEREATING.
TIP 8: PRACTICE STRESS MANAGEMENT
- Focus on dealing with stress through exercise, relaxation, meditation, reading, music or whatever works for you.
TIP 9: HAVE FUN EXERCISING
- Make exercise an adventure by trying our new sports and activities.
- Include friends in your exercise routine.
- Start with 5000 Steps per day and increase your goal weekly.
- Don’t use exercise either to punish yourself for eating or to “earn” the right to eat more.
- Instead focus on how great you feel, how much better you sleep and how much more energy you have when you exercise.
- Physical activity is good for you whether you are trying to lose weight or not, so keep it positive and build a lifelong habit.
TIP 10: ACTIVITIES THAT CAN BE DONE AT THE OFFICE
- Take mini-walks – Walk during coffee breaks. Arrange a walk-and-talk instead of a sit-and-talk meeting.
- Climb stairs – Walk at least some of the distance or down in office buildings.
- Park and walk – Park farther away from the office (or the store when shopping), instead of trying to get as close as possible.
- Walk on your lunch break – You’ll return refreshed. Wear comfortable shoes.
- Move while on the phone – Stand and move around while talking on the phone. Do some stretches.
- Swing your arms, turn your neck, or wiggle your toes – any kind of movement helps.
- If you have an office chair with wheels (a swivel chair) – then you can do some arm workouts right at your desk . Just hold onto the edge of your desk while you are seated in the chair, and use your arm muscles to pull yourself close to the desk, and then push yourself back away. This will work your biceps.
- Walk or bike to work – If you’re riding a bus, get off a few blocks away from your office and walk enjoyably. Biking is a very good exercise everyday.
- Conduct meetings outside – Schedule meetings outdoors. This will give you a fresher air and of course a simple exercise together with your officemates. Schedule a walking meeting to brainstorm ideas with your supervisors or co-workers.
- Do some dips – With the palm of your hands on your chair and feet on the floor, scoot your rear and off the end of your chair. Bend your elbows, lowering your body, then straighten your arms to return to the starting position.
- Hand Squeezes – Helps your fingers, wrists, and lower arms. Simply clench and release your hands for a count of 5 and alternate. This helps to relieve tension, and may even help increase your typing speed.
InnoGen Pharma introduced their 2 ambassadress who undergo their weight loss program:
1) Cindy Patrimonio’s Weight Loss Story
Cindy Patrimonio, wife of celebrity cager Alvin Patrimonio was quick to admit being guilty of Yoyo dieting in her younger days. She would compensate eating her favourite food by spending time at the gym. Working out neutralizes her food intake thus she often rely on her physical activity to maintain her ideal weight.
Problem came when Cindy reached the age where metabolisms slows down drastically, she finds herself not being in control of her weight gain. Caught in harsh criticism of the public, Cindy couldn’t care less as she is only accountable for her own body. Realization only came at the time when she decided that she needs to be healthy for her own sake and her family. This was her turning point.
Cindy quips, I decided I needed to change and start to get healthy last year. I was feeling sluggish, feeling bad about how I looked. Being overweight for 16 years was long enough. I wanted to do it in a healthy and sturdy way. I was also feeling depressed mentally because of certain problems in life and I wanted to divert all that negative energy into something that would be a challenge for me.
Cindy’s biggest challenge was cutting back on her food intake as this is something new to her. She watched a lot of videos and research and soon as she got the hang of it, it was as easy as cooking pancakes according to Cindy.
Another challenge for weight lost is when you run into a plateau, this is common among women and having to level up one’s fitness activity level should be continuous. Lucky for Cindy, Alvin is all out in supporting her and would often find himself accompanying her every now and then during her work out sessions.
2) Marielle Mamaclay’s Journey to Weight Loss
Singing out to a lighter figure nowadays is World Videoke champion Marielle Mamaclay. Being a performer, one has to look presentable. Thus, when Marielle reached her heaviest weight and started to lose confidence, she felt ugly and cried a lot.
Marielle’s weight problem also took a toll on her health, she found herself getting sick almost every month. This was her wake up call. She still have big dreams for her family and could not let herself go down in spiral due to her weight problem.
She started a healthy diet and increased her physical activity. Weight loss would not be effective if you feel deprived. Thus, Marielle gives herself cheat days, giving in to her cravings of Pizza every once in a while.
Having cheat days are important in keeping up with weight loss struggles as it gives you the much needed balance. Both Cindy and Marielle credit their weight loss journey with the help of LesoFat and LesoCarb. It’s always better to #BeArmedwithLesofat and #ThinkLesocarb.
In trying to lose weight, we cannot rely on supplements alone. Choosing the right diet coupled with physical activities should be maintained to achieve your desired weight. Many are quick to blame inefficiency of a product due to their own lethargy, supplements are not magic potions which can transform your body without having to exert any effort. Innogen Pharma brings to you two products that will help you with your Journey to Wellness. Innogen Pharma realizes the need to complement Filipino craving for High-Fat and High Carbo diet.
LesoFat (Orlistat) blocks 30% of your fat intake through pancreatic lipase inhibition, it is in pelletech capsule for a uniform distribution and is non-systemic and works only in the Gastro-Intestinal Tract (GIT). LesoFat comes in two forms, 120mg that is suited for obese adults and 60mg for obese teenagers. Sold at Php33.00 (120mg) and Php29.75 (60mg) in box of 20’s. It is advised to take 1 capsule of LesoFat every high fat meal.
LesoCarb is an all-natural lifestyle supplement made out of white kidney bean, It reduces the absorption of carbohydrates from food intake up to 66%, It is also non-systemic and works only in the GIT. Inhibits the starch digesting enzyme alpha-amylase by interfering the conversion of starch into glucose, thus, it lessens calorie absorption to the body. LesoCarb is available in 500mg capsule and sold at Php14.75/cap in box of 42’s. LesoCarb should be taken in 1-2 capsule dosage every high carbohydrate meal.
LesoFat and LesoCarb are available in leading drugstores nationwide. For more information and tips, follow them on Facebook: @Lesofat and @LesoCarb