Last September 28, 2018, I was able to take part of their campaign but unfortunately my blood was not qualified to donate. I really wanted to help save life and I’m planning to try again next time. This year’s theme of ICATS is “Share the gift of life.” The partnership of International Cabin Attendant Training School (ICATS) with the Philippine Red Cross aims to promote awareness about blood donation and its importance in preserving life. Their event was took place in their office at Unit 907-A East Tower of the Philippine Stock Exchange Center along Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City
According to Ms. Princess Garcia, ICATS President and Founder she started to partner with Red Cross when her brother met an accident and he need blood donation then. It’s good they we’re able to bumped into Sen. Richard Gordon in their province and who happened to be the Chairman of Philippine Red Cross. She immediately asked help to Sen. Gordon and the Senator immediately responded to Ms. Garcia’s request to save the life of her brother. For Ms Garcia she’s planning to have a lifetime partnerships with Red Cross.
Also according to Ms. Lou Aseron, ICATS Marketing Head, “The event is part of our corporate social responsibility and is our way of giving back to the community. We invite everyone to join this worthwhile endeavor. This is your chance to help others and feel good at the same time.”
During the event the donors received the following:
- Free medical checkup and knowing their blood type, hemoglobin level & blood pressure.
- Freebies and giveaways.
- Interviewed and examine to know if they are qualified
- Free food and souvenirs
- Automatically join the raffle draw & chance to win P5,000 worth of gift vouchers from Aliah Travel and Tours.
Here are the qualified donors:
- Must be between 18 to 60 years old
- Weight at least 110 lbs or about 50 kg
- Have a normal body temperature
- Blood pressure of 90 – 160/60 – 100 mmHg
- Pulse rate between 50 to 200 beats per minute
- Must pass the routine for hemoglobin
- 16 years old can donate blood if they are allowed by their parents
- Enough rest at least 5 hours of sleep
- Avoid alcohol 12 to 24 hours before the procedure
- No surgery within the year or body piercing
- Tattoos for the last 12 months
- Must be physically healthy with no sexually transmitted diseases
Donate blood and help others live. For more information, call 470-7523, 0917-8222366 or 0939-9144309. You can also check out https://www.facebook.com/events/521374688312684/.